I have added a new page to my website for iTunes. This page is located at http://www.javakrypt.com/itunes/update/. The page will show you, again in video and through text instructions, the procedure required to update your iTunes to the recent version released by Apple – the safe way. Like before I suggest you read the text version on what to do. This is still relatively easy for anybody. If you have any questions, comment below or email me.
Steps outlined in the video:
- Download iTunes x64 Installer
- Download and Install 7Zip and ORCA
- Extracting iTunes from Installer
- Editing AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi and iTunes64.msi using ORCA (to remove restrictions)
- The visual procedure of the update process
- Version proof for clarification
- Other notes and information
It is safe to update, but if you have a jailbroken device, normally iTunes is safe, but on the odd occasion Apple could release a version designed to sabotage jailbroken devices. So keep an eye on the iPhoneDev blogs for reports of safe, or unsafe iTunes versions. 10.2.1.17 is safe to use, so don’t worry (this is the version we’re updating in the video).